7-DAY BICYCLE TRIP (320 KM)
…through fairyland-like Suwałki region
"Suwałki Blue Ribbon" mainly goes along the trails of “Suwałki Bicycle Ring Route” – its northern and southern parts. The tourist, beside the beautiful nature and geological features of the area, can become acquainted with the history of its early settlers.
“Just as a beautiful tune has chords, accents and pauses in it - so the landscape of Suwałki region has numerous advantages, not always noticed at first glimpse.”
(A participant’s opinion)
"Beginnings are always difficult. However, at the end you will beg for another ten kilometres”.
(A participant’s opinion)
DAY 1. “Walk following in Pac’s footsteps”
Suwałki – Zyliny – Bakałarzewo – Raczki – Dowspuda
-Zyliny – a wooden church and belfry from early 20C.
- Bakałarzewo – a brick church from 1936 and a 17C water mill on the Rospuda river from the turn of 20C, German WW2 bunkers.
- Raczki – 18C church, the buildings of the former workshops, early 19C.
- Dowspuda – the portico of Count Pac’s palace, guard-house, the park, the Rospuda Valley (a walking trip).
DAY 2. “The Rospuda river canoeing”
canoe trip: Dowspuda – Swiete Miejsce, bike trip: Swiete Miejsce – Szczebra – Augustów
- canoe trip down the Rospuda river, from the bridge in Dowspuda to Holly Site (Swiete Miejsce).
- Augustów – the Augustów Canal Museum, Augustów Land Museum.
DAY 3. “In the valley of Biebrza river”
Augustów - Studzieniczna – Sajenek – Jastrzebna – Lips k– Rogozynek
- Studzieniczna –the site of the cult of Mary – visited by John Paul II in 1999.
- On the route Studzieniczna – Sajenek: WW1 cemetery of Russian and German soldiers.
- Lipsk, a Neogothic brick church from1906.
- Biebrza National Park.
DAY 4. “About the forest”
Rogozynek – Lipsk – Kozi Rynek nature reserve – Czarny Bród – Gorczyca sluice in Płaskiej
- Kozi Rynek nature reserve
- the monument of WW2 victims.
- the grave of insurgents who died during January Uprising in 1863.
- the Gorczyca sluice between Gorczyckie lake and Orle lake.
- After the dinner canoeing on Gorczyckie lake.
DAY 5. ”Over the Augustów Canal”
Płaska – Paniewo sluice – Mikaszówka – Rygol – Giby –Berzniki
- Two-level Paniewo sluice between Paniewo and Krzywe lakes.
- Mikaszówka sluice.
- A wooden parish church with a wooden belfry in Mikaszówka from 1907.
- Giby – the monument “They died because they were Poles” dedicated to the victims of the NKWD manhunt in 1945.
DAY 6. "Polish - Lithuanian borderland”
Berzniki – Ogrodniki – Krasnogruda – Zegary –Radziucie – Jenorajscie – Bubele – Sejny – Berzniki
- Berzniki - Cemetery of Russian and German WW1 soldiers (both catholic and orthodox crosses joined to each other with arms).
- Krasnogruda – residence visited by Czesław Miłosz.
- Zegary – St. Bartłomiej wooden church from 1793.
- Scenic point over Gaładus lake.
- Sejny: The Basilica of the Visitation of St. Mary, the monastery of Domonican Fathers, 19 C White Synagogue with the Hebrew grammar school.
DAY 7. “Towards Wigry”
Berzniki – Pogorzelec – Mackowa Ruda – Wigry – Stary Folwark – Leszczewo – Mała Huta – Suwałki
- Mackowa Ruda - residence of professor A. Strumiłło (a poet, painter and sculptor).
- Monastery of Wigry, once a cloister of the Camaldolese Fathers, in 1999 the Pope’s relaxing place.
- Cruises on the Pope ship “Tryton” on Wigry Lake.
Group of 10 persons
- 380 Euro / person
- 345 Euro / person (with your own bikes*)
Group of 15 persons
- 335 Euro / person
- 300 Euro / person (with your own bikes*)
Services in the offer include:
- accommodation in holiday houses,
- food (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner),
- luggage transport (between each overnight stop),
- canoeing down the Rospuda river,
- English speaking group guide,
- cruise on Lake Wigry,
- entrance ticket to Wigry National Park,
- baking demonstration of regional products and tasting:
- pyramid cake,
Services with additional fees:
- transfers of the group from any air-port, train or bus station,
- enriched tourist program in Poland.
This offer is valid mostly in Spring, Summer and Fall time: April - October, for detailed or other periods of the trip write, please on: email@example.com.