Puck is a town on the south coasts of the Baltic Sea in Eastern Pomerania region, north-western Poland with some 12,000 inhabitants. It became a marketplace and a seaport as early as 7th century. It achieved a town status in 1348 during the rule of the Teutonic Order. After having been incorporated into Poland (1466) it was the place where the County Administration ("Starostwo") was located. Since 1567 Puck was the main base of the Polish Navy. Through the Partitions of Poland the town came to Prussia and was returned to Poland in 1919 as part of the Polish Corridor which was created by the Treaty of Versailles. In 1920 in Puck, Poland celebrated Poland's wedding to the sea. During the time of the 2nd Polish Republic, until 1939, Puck was the main war harbour of the Polish Navy and the only Polish harbour until Gdynia was built. It is the capital of Puck County in Pomeranian Voivodship since 1999, previously a town in Gdansk Voivodship (1975-1998).
Caves in MechowoTown Hall (1865), St Peter's and Paul's cathedral (13th century), Burghers' houses at the main square (plac Wolności), (17th century, rebuilt in the 19th century), Flooded port (8th-10th century) (located some 500 metres from the shore), Remnants of a brick castle (14th century), Memorials of gen. Józef Haller and Engagement of Poland with the sea, Puck County museum, Caves in Mechowo.